Home may indeed be where the heart is, but the heart is a complicated beast, and home can be elusive.
Over the holidays, many of us journey home, bringing gifts, news, and baggage...of all kinds. Share the joys and pitfalls of returning home.
Or tell us how one makes a house a home: On the fly? With a carefully thought-out vision? Or the paint-by-numbers, family tradition edition?
Maybe home transcends physical location. Maybe it's more about who we're with. Perhaps, home is simply a state of mind.
In 1000 words or less, give us a glimpse inside and show us the way home.
The top three entries will be published on our website and in a special print anthology.
Winners will also receive the ever-changing Enigma Gift. (That's right, we're not telling! We promise it will be thoughtful. It may also be fun, funky, profound...or maybe all three.)
- Stories, essays, or poems should be 1000 words or less and previously unpublished.
- No restrictions on style.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem. Cover letters are optional and may be added separately.
- Winners will be announced within 30 days of the closing date.
- The reading fee is $8, and each contest will be open for 30 days.
- Submissions must be received by the December 10, 2017 deadline.
If you have any questions, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help: hello [at] newmillenniumwritings [dot] org