DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 30, 2020 @ Midnight
For this Monthly Musepaper, submit your (1,000 words or less) story, poems, or essay inspired by bubbles.
- Soapy Bubbles (blowing, overflowing, popping, pollinating)
- Filter Bubbles (search engines, social media, Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Media/News Bubbles (confirmation bias, attitude polarization, belief perseverance, illusory correlation, overconfidence, etc.)
- Socio-Economic Bubbles (occupation, education, income, wealth, place of residence)
- Rockstar/Fan Bubbles (COVID19-style)
- Champagne Bubbles (20,000,000 per flute!)
- Speech/Thought Bubbles (cartoons/comics)
- Financial/Economic Bubbles
- “Bubble Trouble”
As always, these are just a few ideas to wet the wand. Like a bubble in the breeze, let the imagination fly free.
The top three entries will be published at Musepaper.org and in a special print anthology.
Winners will also receive the ever-changing Enigma Gift. (That's right, we're not telling! We promise it will be thoughtful. It may also be fun, funky, profound...or maybe all three.)
- No restrictions on style.
- Stories or essays should be 1000 words or less.
- Poetry entries may include one or two poems, and should not exceed 1000 words in total.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem. Cover letters are optional and may be added separately.
- Winners are generally announced within 60-90 days of the closing date.
- The reading fee is $15.* * *
- Submissions must be received by NOVEMBER 30, 2020.
* * * Musepaper offers a subscription for aspiring poets and writers. It's quick and easy to do, and we invite you to join us. All subscriptions include a Monthly Musepaper submission each month. Subscribers also have exclusive access to new writing and publishing opportunities, Subscriber-Only contests, and bonus submissions, as well as polls, surveys, and a suggestion box to help direct the creative direction and evolution of Musepaper.
If you're interested, visit musepaper.org/subscribe.
If you have any questions, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help: hello [at] newmillenniumwritings [dot] org newmillenniumwritings [dot] org