PROMPT: IF NOT NOW, WHEN?
DEADLINE: February 29, 2020 @ Midnight
For this Monthly Musepaper, submit your (1,000 words or less) story, poems, or essay inspired by the quote: If not now, when?
Feel free to dig deeper into the full quote if your Muse brings you a shovel.
If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
But if I am only for myself, who am I?
If not now, when?
― Hillel the Elder, 110 BCE–10 CE
The top three entries will be published at Musepaper.org and in a special print anthology.
Winners will also receive the ever-changing Enigma Gift. (That's right, we're not telling! We promise it will be thoughtful. It may also be fun, funky, profound...or maybe all three.)
- No restrictions on style.
- Stories or essays should be 1000 words or less.
- Poetry entries may include one or two poems, and should not exceed 1000 words in total.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem. Cover letters are optional and may be added separately.
- Winners will be announced within 60-90 days of the closing date.
- The reading fee is $15.* * *
- Submissions must be received by February 29, 2020. This deadline will not be extended.
* * * DID YOU KNOW that aspiring, passionate, and like-minded poets and writers from across the world are making Musepaper an integral part of their writing practice?
Musepaper offers a subscription for aspiring poets and writers. It's quick and easy to do, and we invite you to join us. All subscriptions include a Monthly Musepaper submission each month. Subscribers also have exclusive access to new writing and publishing opportunities, Subscriber-Only contests, and bonus submissions, as well as polls, surveys, and a suggestion box to help direct the creative direction and evolution of Musepaper.
If you're interested, visit musepaper.org/subscribe.
If you have any questions, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help: hello [at] newmillenniumwritings [dot] org