The Monthly Musepaper — October 2019
PROMPT: The Couch
DEADLINE: October, 31 2019
Tell us about the naps, the romps, the collapses for a good cry or from sheer exhaustion.
Was it hoisted on shoulders to a 5th-floor walk-up, or carried down to a musty, smoke-filled basement?
Pillow fights and kool-aid stains, or stuffy parlor Sundays?
Where did it come from? Where did it go?
It was new once, the first investment in a bright future.
But its colors change, a button goes missing, a hole appears, and who’d want this old thing anyway?
Ahhhh, if this couch could talk… Pull up a cushion and tell us all about it.
For this Monthly Musepaper, send us your (1,000 words or less) story, poems, or essay about a couch!
The top three entries will be published at Musepaper.org and in a special print anthology.
Winners will also receive the ever-changing Enigma Gift. (That's right, we're not telling! We promise it will be thoughtful. It may also be fun, funky, profound...or maybe all three.)
- No restrictions on style.
- Stories or essays should be 1000 words or less.
- Poetry entries may include one or two poems, and should not exceed 1000 words in total.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem. Cover letters are optional and may be added separately.
- Winners will be announced within 60 days of the closing date.
- The reading fee is $15.* * *
- Submissions must be received by October 31, 2019. This deadline will not be extended.
DID YOU KNOW...
* * * Did you know that aspiring, passionate, and like-minded poets and writers from across the world are making Musepaper an integral part of their writing practice?
You can now subscribe to Musepaper. It's quick and easy to do, and we invite you to join us. All subscriptions include a Monthly Musepaper submission each month. Subscribers also have exclusive access to new writing and publishing opportunities, Subscriber-Only contests, and bonus submissions, as well as polls, surveys, and a suggestion box to help direct the creative direction and evolution of Musepaper.
If you're interested, please visit musepaper.org/subscribe.
If you have any questions, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help: hello [at] newmillenniumwritings [dot] org