The Monthly Musepaper — October 2019
PROMPT: It's a Job...
DEADLINE: October, 31 2019
Let's explore the J-O-B.
Between the thrill of that first-ever paycheck and the moment of retirement, the average person will work at least a dozen jobs.
Some enrage, some inspire, some make us slink, some make us strut, but they all leave their mark.
So roll up your sleeves and tell us about:
- A flashy business card and a fat bonus, or a night-shift with no benefits
- Working round the clock to care for a newborn or an aging parent
- The mentor who paved the way, or the boss you told to take that job and shove it
- Trading priceless, nonrenewable time (hours, years, decades of one's life) for direct deposits of digital digits
From the boardroom to the bedroom, from the hand that rocks the cradle to the one that digs the grave, tell us how the jobs get done.
And hey, don't dawdle — your shift started five minutes ago.
For this Monthly Musepaper, send us your (1,000 words or less) story, poems, or essay about jobs.
For this Monthly Musepaper, send us your (1,000 words or less) story, poems, or essay about jobs!
The top three entries will be published at Musepaper.org and in a special print anthology.
Winners will also receive the ever-changing Enigma Gift. (That's right, we're not telling! We promise it will be thoughtful. It may also be fun, funky, profound...or maybe all three.)
- No restrictions on style.
- Stories or essays should be 1000 words or less.
- Poetry entries may include one or two poems, and should not exceed 1000 words in total.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem. Cover letters are optional and may be added separately.
- Winners will be announced within 60 days of the closing date.
- The reading fee is $15.* * *
- Submissions must be received by October 31, 2019. This deadline will not be extended.
DID YOU KNOW...
* * * Did you know that aspiring, passionate, and like-minded poets and writers from across the world are making Musepaper an integral part of their writing practice?
You can now subscribe to Musepaper. It's quick and easy to do, and we invite you to join us. All subscriptions include a Monthly Musepaper submission each month. Subscribers also have exclusive access to new writing and publishing opportunities, Subscriber-Only contests, and bonus submissions, as well as polls, surveys, and a suggestion box to help direct the creative direction and evolution of Musepaper.
If you're interested, please visit musepaper.org/subscribe.
If you have any questions, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help: hello [at] newmillenniumwritings [dot] org