The Monthly Musepaper — September 2019
You don't know me, but...
...I've known about you for a while.
...I can make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.
...You're the only one who can help.
...I'm here to save your life.
...You're my mom.
A phone call out of the blue. An unexpected knock on the door. A stranger running up to you on the street. There you are going about your daily life, when suddenly someone is saying words you never expected. Is it a joke? A scam? Is it a bomb dropped in your lap, or a door opening to your new life?
For this Monthly Musepaper, send us your (1,000 words or less) story, poems, or essay about the "You don't know me, but..." encounter that just might change everything.
For this Monthly Musepaper, send us your (1,000 words or less) story, poems, or essay about this unusual, and often startling, encounter.
The top three entries will be published at Musepaper.org and in a special print anthology.
Winners will also receive the ever-changing Enigma Gift. (That's right, we're not telling! We promise it will be thoughtful. It may also be fun, funky, profound...or maybe all three.)
- No restrictions on style.
- Stories or essays should be 1000 words or less.
- Poetry entries may include one or two poems, and should not exceed 1000 words in total.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem. Cover letters are optional and may be added separately.
- Winners will be announced within 60 days of the closing date.
- The reading fee is $15.* * *
- Submissions must be received by September 30, 2019. This deadline will not be extended.
* * * You can make the Monthly Musepaper part of your writing practice by visiting musepaper.org/subscribe. Subscribers receive discounted submissions, more writing and publishing opportunities, and much more. Join before September 20, 2019 and take $15 off any annual subscription with this secret code: submit2415
If you have any questions, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help: hello [at] newmillenniumwritings [dot] org