The Monthly Musepaper — September 2019
Halloween's lurking just around the bend, so let the explorations of Fear and Fantasy commence!
Whether isolated, opposite poles of the human imagination, or inseparable sides of the same coin, fear and fantasy are an inescapable part of the human condition. They can freeze us in place or inspire us to chase our bliss, but their power looms largest in our imagination. Let's drag them out and hold them up to the light, shall we?
For this Monthly Musepaper, send us your (1,000 words or less) story, poems, or essay about Fear, Fantasy, or both!
The top three entries will be published at Musepaper.org and in a special print anthology.
Winners will also receive the ever-changing Enigma Gift. (That's right, we're not telling! We promise it will be thoughtful. It may also be fun, funky, profound...or maybe all three.)
- No restrictions on style.
- Stories or essays should be 1000 words or less.
- Poetry entries may include one or two poems, and should not exceed 1000 words in total.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem. Cover letters are optional and may be added separately.
- Winners will be announced within 60 days of the closing date.
- The reading fee is $15.* * *
- Submissions must be received by September 30, 2019. This deadline will not be extended.
* * * You can make the Monthly Musepaper part of your writing practice by visiting musepaper.org/subscribe. Subscribers receive discounted submissions, more writing and publishing opportunities, and much more. Join before September 20, 2019 and take $15 off any annual subscription with this secret code: submit2415
If you have any questions, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help: hello [at] newmillenniumwritings [dot] org