You guys have been in this for a long, long time and have an excellent reputation. — Dennis Littrell, Kula, HI
It's true. Since 1996, New Millennium Writings has:
- Hosted 169 Consecutive Writing Awards
- Published 2,000 authors
- Delivered 50,000 anthologies
- Awarded more than $350,000 to new and emerging poets and writers
We believe in the creative potential of every writer, regardless of experience. "First time award winner" and "First time published" are common here at NMW, and blind and anonymous judging ensures equality to writers of every level. All writers are welcome, and no subject is off-limits.
A few writers and poets share why they chose NMW...
NMW makes a writer feel welcomed. The enthusiasm of the magazine and its editors is refreshing. — Gloria Roxanne, Buckley, NJ
Thank you for your generous submission policy! — Bradley Wester, Bristol, RI
I love that serious publications like yours exist for both new and experienced writers. Thank you! — Judith Manzoni Ward, Guilford, CT
I admire the longevity and quality of NMW. There is a convincing, contemporary edge to the writing you award. — Renate Stendhal, Point Reyes Station, CA
I cannot overestimate the value of winning the NMW award. I credit you with giving me a second career as a writer. — J. L. Schneider, NY
Click "More" for Guidelines ↘
POETRY • FICTION • FLASH FICTION • NONFICTION
$4,000 IN AWARDS + PUBLICATION (in print and online)
Deadline Extended to January 31, 2019. This deadline is final and will not be extended.
- First Place in each category receives a $1000 cash prize, a certificate to document the success, publication online and in print, in New Millennium Writings, and two complimentary copies.
- Select Finalists, and all Poetry Finalists, will be published in New Millennium Writings and receive two complimentary copies.
- No restrictions on style or subject matter.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Previously published works accepted if: Print circulation was under 5,000, or the work was published online only.
- Fiction - 6,000 words or less
- Nonfiction (all types welcome) - 6,000 words or less
- Flash Fiction (aka: Short-Short Fiction) - 1,000 words or less
- Poetry - each entry may include three poems, up to five pages total.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem(s). Cover letters are optional and may be uploaded separately.
- For mail/postal submissions click here for instructions.
- Submit your work (or postmark) by January 31, 2019. This deadline is final and will not be extended.
ENTRY FEES AND MULTIPLE ENTRY SUPPORT
For any category or combination of categories:
- 1 Entry - $20
- 2 Entries - $35 (reg $40)
- 3 Entries - $45 (reg $60)
- 4 Entries - $60 (reg $80)
- 5 Entries - $75 (reg $100)
Note: Poetry may include up to three poems per Entry.